Thursday, May 10, 2012

he looking at me

A while ago I was jogging with Bearded Sexy Hiker. We were discussing how to deal with having told your partner a million times not to do something - and they're still doing it. And how to get over it. Mine was asking my partner to get his clothes ready the night before - and leave them in the bathroom to get dressed there. We sometimes have different schedules, and I need my sleep. But at the time he continued to come in and out of the bedroom getting dressed, getting things, waking me multiple times.

I explained how frustrated I was. I explained how many times I'd told my partner.

My new observant friend made an observation that softened my heart. He said, "knowing K, he's probably going into the bedroom and getting dressed watching you, appreciating you. He likely just wants to be near you." In an instant I pictured my Love standing there looking at me sleeping, adoring me, and my heart melted. He likely was doing that. Knowing him, and his heart, and where his eyes go, I decided to appreciate him back, even if he woke me in the mornings.

My reminders nearly stopped. An occasional reminder was given gently and with loving gratitude for my deer-eyed sweet-heart. And then he started getting dressed in the bathroom, leaving me to sleep, only to come and kiss me goodbye on his way out to work. Man I'm a blessed man. But even if K hadn't done what I asked, my perspective changed as I viewed my partner as he really is - an adoring man free of malice and full of simple love. Not forgetful and uncaring. Just watching me gratefully and appreciating me. Simply. God I'm lucky.

And I'm lucky for intuitive friends like Bearded Sexy Hiker. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment