Saturday, July 7, 2012

everything in the world

"Everything in the world is about sex
except sex. 
Sex is about power." 
- Oscar Wilde 

This comment struck me.

So much of what our society does is about sex: advertising, entertainment, what's on the news, online traffic.

And then the very act of sex, when in the middle of it, seems to be about something else: maybe that elusive intimacy, or need-fulfillment, or divine transcendent experience, or just fun.

And I agree with sex being about power, but perhaps not in the way that most people think of it... which would be a competitive measurement about me or you having more than the other.

I think of power as residing in all of us. All different kinds of powers, energies, and forces. And sex is an optimal place to stream those powers. To become aware of my wild man, my blessor, the endless appetite that originates somewhere outside and underneath of me and flows through me, that primitive groin that just wants to fuck fuck fuck, the playful experimental side that wants to try new positions / creations, that endless compassion that caresses, embraces, receives, and gives. And then I see these powers in my partners. And I am glad. Alive.


No comments:

Post a Comment