Sunday, August 5, 2012

why I love him

at night his breathe I hear
soft rustle pattern
innocent my babe
his smooth shaven skin

sometimes in day
I catch him looking at me
or feel his glaze
on my back
and know he's loving
and admiring me

my tall broad-shouldered prince
is more than I imagined
I never thought
life would be this good
it keeps getting better
hell ya
it gets better
beyond my sweetest dream

the thought of him
melts me
chokes me
catches my throat 

I won't lie
sometimes I'm furious too
and I can't believe
that he didn't see it
or that he forgot
or whatever

sometimes I don't know
why I'm mad
or sad
or withdrawn
or snappy
or in love 

and still
he's at my side
sees me
sits beside me

on our second date
we decided
that if we got together
we wouldn't break up
over parking spaces
or toilet-paper brands
or silly little things
however attached
we'd grown
up to now

some things are more important
we decided
we want eachother
more than little things 

part of me can't explain
why I love him
as if he has to do something
to merit it

as if actions
are more important than being

part of it's because
I was born to love
as was he
and are you

to feel bonded 
my heart rate rise
when I sit on a plane
miles away
and draw up his image
holy in my heart

when we grow old
when his broad shoulders droop
smooth skin wrinkles
beautiful thighs thin

I think I'll love him more
us golden beings
still holding hands
deeper connected now
calmer
less rushed
centered
blessors

our bed
still a place of magic
our nest our repose

he still loving to me
I still loving him
listening
putting up with
tolerating
celebrating

he deserves the very best
in him a golden child
an ancient divine
that commands my respect
my adoration
my love

I think I'll sit with that question
take a lifetime
to explore it
man I love him


No comments:

Post a Comment