Friday, January 4, 2013

third intentions?


I've wanted to have another man or men in our life. Not just me hooking up on the side - though that surely has been beautiful. But a guy that would ideally live with us, and share our lives.

I talked about it with my partner, I think, on our first date. It has been an idea that's intrigued me ever since I was 15. I'd heard about the idea of polygamy, and thought that it had many potential strengths. The last few years I've more specifically thought that living in a little commune of sorts would be ideal too. A multi-generation intentional living arrangement. With privacy for smaller family units, high-tech, but also some additional community spaces like a kitchen and eating area. We've drawn up some preliminary sketches - more brainstorming and musing really.

To be frank we're both at different stages on a timetable of how we want to pursue it. Of course we're two different human beings, with different tracks in careers, finances, exercise routines, recipe choices, and so on, as expected. Recently we had another amazingly hard but good talk about it, being vulnerable and communicating radically.

I'm a believer that for things to materialize they often have to be specifically dreamed. Blueprinted. Intentions sent to the universe. An extra plate set at the table. If only to show self that one is thinking about it. Specific conversations had.

I'm in no rush. It could be years from now. Or it could look alot different. Two couples. A five-some. An international little network of close-knit friends that share homes and lives. But here's to dreaming, and taking little baby steps in that direction.

with William and Quayle

1 comment: