Saturday, March 16, 2013

polyamory disclosure


Our previous agreement wasn't working. It was that I tell my partner within a day if I'd had a sexual experience with another. Half of the time it seemed like it never was "the right time." But I wanted to keep our "rule" so I'd tell him, and it just seemed so random, sometimes leaving us both feeling awkward and some distance.

Yesterday we talked and came up with another experimental agreement. I'll still tell him, just write it down in a place where only he and I see. That way, when he's ready, on his own time, he can access our communication. He can respond at that time either in that medium or in person. It doesn't replace our verbal communication. We're charting new territory for us both, and trying to be creative in meeting both of our needs.

I call it polyamory instead of just an open relationship, because I am open to love and friendship, conversation and intimacy with more people than solely my partner.

No comments:

Post a Comment