Monday, April 1, 2013

arrogant bragging?

This blog puts some people off and attracts others. It's a space where I can write some of my thoughts about sex, intimacy, and experiences that in many circles are considered too taboo to speak about openly. Even though there is nothing non-consensual or illegal, or destructive or harming to others, some people have strong judgements based on their own morality.

It's a risk I take, wishing that the world would be more open about the things that are important to many, and things that we/I think about all the time anyway. Sex is a central part of who we are. Doing my part in breaking the censorship, hopefully making the world a safer place to talk about things. Encouraging others.

At times I might be construed as arrogant, boastful, shallow... for sharing some of my experiences. Seemingly bragging... or not taking seriously the special-ness of each person. Perhaps intimidating to some. Go figure.

I own that there is a part of me that wants to be "seen." In complete honesty, I own that there is a part of me that thinks he has his shit together. That part that says, "look at me, look at the way I'm doing things, watch and learn." There's a part of me that's a flirt. There's a part of me too that's insecure. Timid. Groping in the dark. Making things up as he goes along, and hoping to learn from others. There's a part of me too that was silent for a lot of years. And he isn't going to be silent any more.

On some days my partner does not understand my motivation to post. I don't claim to understand it entirely either. But I do understand that writing helps me unravel me... that the sharing of experiences is often beneficial... that personal truths matter... that my take helps others think about their take on things, and listen to what's going on in their body, in their truth... that not everyone is the same. And at the same time... we're all the same. I move forward despite the potential misunderstandings.

I've met some cool guys who've read parts of the blog. Got some feedback. And enjoyed the journey. Part of me doesn't want to forget. Heck, who wants to forget magic?

No comments:

Post a Comment