Wednesday, June 12, 2013

pre photo shoot - body fat


these images come from nerd fitness,
where there's an excellent fuller article

Where are you on the body fat spectrum?

There are several things a person can do to look a bit better before a photo shoot. Most of the gains are made with food alterations.
  • Eat less carbs.
  • Avoid salt (retains water).
  • Drink less water.
  • Eat significantly smaller portions.
  • Reps to bulk muscles.


These are all things done for the short-term, and obviously not healthy for the long-term (most of them).

The flip side is that your energy will also feel down, but you'll look better in the pictures!... look better at that naked beach, sex club, for that event or group... The above tips work especially for someone who is already in shape and is just improving that last shade.

Certainly most of the photo shoots that I've done are just friends on a nude hike taking pictures as we go along. A handful of times I've experimented with nude photography alone or with a friend. I've actually never done an actual dedicated nude photo shoot with a professional photographer.

Each type of photo experience has it's emphasis: the catch-the-fun-and-natural-beauty emphasis, the I'm-learning-all-the-cool-things-my-camera-can-do, the artistic-experiments, and the exposition-of-the-body-hopefully-beautifully.

Professional body-builders do more in-depth preparations, like the one explained by Brad Gouthro on his website and video.

2 comments:

  1. When I was 36 and my partner 24 we had an hour photo shoot with a talented young photographer who went on to publish a lot of nudes in gay magazines. It's wonderful to have that record to look back on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet, I'm looking forward to experiencing that myself sometime too :).

    ReplyDelete