Wednesday, June 19, 2013

two transmitters, no receivers syndrome

stevewalkerartist.com - beautiful male art

He loaded the groceries into the fridge.
I quizzed him on the cheeses and how long they'd been in the fridge.
He answered about molds, softnesses, and how cheeses are made.
Impatient, I clipped his answers short.

Later, sitting in my low mini Ikea chair, I wanted to converse.
Chatted about something or other.
Not minding my words.
He excused himself to work on his laptop.
Coming back up to sit in the same room.
 
Two lovers wanting to connect.
At different times.
As another writer I read yesterday put it:
two transmitters, no receivers syndrome.



I sat perplexed at first.
What went wrong?
Remembering to speak kindly to myself.
Hearing softly what it was that I was wanting. 
Seeing past the head-speak.
 
First I'd forgotten to love myself.
To sit down and recuperate myself after the last two hours at the grocery store.
 
I'd forgotten then to love him,
and see his heart.  
Bask in his essence...



Happiness crept back in.
I could see where to go from here.

2 comments:

  1. Forwarded it to my husband because I liked it, and he did too. We get trapped in that game from time to time too. I think emailing each other is helpful - we can transmit and receive each on our own time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you my friend. I'm glad you liked it. I imagine that you, like I, are constantly looking for things to make our connection better. Emailing sounds like just another way in the toolbox to communicate with our love(s). I am happy that you and your husband are transmitting and receiving!

    ReplyDelete