Friday, June 28, 2013

compassion course


Several months ago I noticed that some of my co-workers seemed afraid of me. Or at least unsure of how to deal with me.

I didn't know how to deal with my anger. My best attempts seemed frustrating for both parties at best. I see that this is a common theme for many young men, men in general, and even society in general.

I stumbled across this compassion course online and signed up for it. It's provided me several new understandings and skills already to begin this journey.

"The lessons explain and demonstrate ways of thinking, speaking and acting that allow us to get through conflict without hurting or hating."

"In the same way that we humans have developed other technologies, the technology of compassion has developed too. The course provides clear ideas and practices to help us experience more compassion, connection and fun. That said, it is challenging and calls on our perseverance, practice, focus and dedication."

You have until July 2 to sign up for this year's round of this online course. I don't have any financial interest in this group, just think its a priceless gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment