Tuesday, May 21, 2013

crossing over

 
every night
I cross over

to where motorcycles rev
vroom vrrrooooom

wild men in tubs
faces peering up
out of water

purple baby hippos
walk dainty
under river's edge

here nothing makes sense
carrots big as people

but it is free
colors alive
free from rules
unenslaved to imagine
just be

just because
it's pretty
just because
it's been on my mind
in the day

my subconscious
or the great conscious
ness

manifests its wild erratic
reeling
sensual
emotional
self

here it's okay
to dream
and not make sense

or make a lot of sense


connect with mystery
unexplained
motifs and wisdoms
some recurring

still hidden meaning when I awake
somehow better

homeostasis
achieved
churned and stirred
freshened

perhaps this daily crossing over
prepares me
for that night
I make
my final crossing over
(at least
that's how it's framed
here)

no effort of my own
common journey

today at work
I talked to a family
about dying
planning
looking to

then on break
went to my car
to mini-slumber
crossed over
and back again

then at home
in my tub
too

a few times
reveling in that in-between space
every time magic

conscious of the images
delights
no conjuring of my own

under water
above water

awake world
dream reality

man I love to cross over

 

No comments:

Post a Comment