Wednesday, May 8, 2013

savage climb


it started
innocently thinking
I'd follow google-maps
to remote a hot spring
 

off the trail I went
up steep mountain slant
bathed in moss
alone
with my backpack
and my cell
one jug of water
 

up up up
great fall
avoiding
grasping all four limbs
emerald ground cover
rock ascending
 
holding roots
grabbing trees
 
eagle
snake
bear
 
just over this next cliff
 
 
horse-flies biting
swatting
alert eyes scanning  
 
 
no sign of it
one more precipice
 
animal-like
adrenaline moving
panting
listening
planning
spreading
 
 
scratched
eyes fierce
ready
monkey
squatting
 
this could be the day
I join
all the way
fear's lost its bite

 
hours later
return back down
having grasped
soil
and plant
 
I feel powerful
earthed
low
alive
sexy
and animal
 
 
grimacing
hissing
ready


No comments:

Post a Comment