Wednesday, May 29, 2013

wedding ideas

The man of my dreams just returned from a male-male wedding in New Mexico. We'll be attending another ceremony of two good friends shortly, which has me thinking about weddings.

How would I do the details? This article from MSN got me thinking about some specifics.


Among my highlights:

  • personalize the I do's
  • cool location - preferably outside with a great view
  • plan the music precisely - from live classical to dance for everyone
  • gift something for our guests - personalized

  • seats in a circle - surrounded by love
  • pot a tree together in the ceremony
  • toast to each other
  • parade-style procession with band to altar - with everyone
  • inner ceremony, then outer ceremony

One day soon I want to marry my man. It's legal now in Washington!

2 comments:

  1. Here are some other ideas we adopted:

    We had our 2nd wedding at the conference center in NH where we met in the sweat lodge - surrounded by our family of gay men. Our first wedding was for the record a couple of hours earlier in MA, neighbors and a few close friends.

    We adopted the Quaker tradition - our vows were inscribed on a sheet of fancy paper and all who attended both ceremonies signed as witnesses - it now hangs in our bedroom.

    Our wedding cake was decorated with lots of penises!

    Just before the cake was the ritual updating of the Facebook page status to married - that made it official!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, sounds like a fun event. I like the fancy paper and signed-by-friends idea. And penises on a cake is exactly what's called for :).

    ReplyDelete