Sunday, May 26, 2013

sex centrality

lnatrl

Ph86 heads down8251850555_64fa6d64d1_k8_26_75643446_6495268

Some of us yearn for more intimacy than is usually available in modern routine lives. We are often separated by suburbs, spread-out neighborhoods requiring cars, prosperous multi-room houses, jobs in cubicles. Intimacy comes because of physical proximity, conversation, working together on projects, being vulnerable, taking a risk. Sexual intimacy is just one of many intimacies - a very central one.

Sex is at the heart of humanity.

Many of the world’s problems could be resolved by increasing our sexual introspective awareness and skill.

We’d communicate better.
We’d feel confident.
We’d be aware of our power.

We respect and honor others and ourselves.
We feel sexier (wild, alive!).
We have amazing connections.

A while ago I read The Sex Diaries Project by Adrianne Cohen, which inspired me to share some of my world of inner taboos. Much of society shrouds the subject of sex with silence. Worse yet, censorship, shame, judgment, or words like “dirty” and “nasty.”

I believe that pleasure is good. Beauty is to be celebrated. Our bodies and our own experiences are a source of truth.

This blog is somewhat like a journal, wild, uncensored, true, sacred, messy, brilliant, weird, exploratory, self mentor-like, and hopefully provides value.

I don’t yet fully identify myself here, but hope to do so at some time. Identifying details of other individuals are omitted or changed, unless someone wishes otherwise, in a world still opening up. Wouldn’t it be nice if we lived on a planet where people talked about the things that are central to them openly, without fear of backlash, hearing the experiences of others too and gaining insight?

2 comments:

  1. I think that your posts are very beautiful, interesting and sexy, but I find this POST fabulous!!
    I agree with your every word and I like to see a little side of you emerge from your blog...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sexy Italian guy :). I follow your blog too a few times every week. I love your artistry, the beautiful and sensual pictures, your playful nature. Would love to meet you someday too.

    ReplyDelete